May 18, 2009

5 ingredient dinner

I don't claim to be a great cook, and I probably never will (plus I hate doing dishes). However I do have to feed my family whether I like it or not. I have a few no fail recipes but we're all pretty bored with those, so I have been looking online night and day trying to find some variety of the dinner kind. I thought I would post a few super easy recipes now and then.

So tonight I made Dijon Pork Tenderloin with cream cheese sauce. This uses 5 ingredients and I have made this several times. Its a hit for everyone!

Pork Tenderloin
Dijon mustard ( a few big squirts in a bowl)
Dill seasoning ( sprinkle in a few tsp.)(I love Pampered Chef's)
8 oz Cream cheese
1 cup chicken broth

Brown the Pork in a frying pan until its brown all around, (just a few min.) Save the dirty pan for the sauce later. Mix the Dijon and the dill seasoning, (you could also use rosemary, but I prefer the dill). And spread all over the pork. Now I have tried cooking this different ways I prefer grilling it, but our grill is on its last leg so I roasted it in the oven 300 for an hour and a half (or 170 degrees). You can also broil it.

After its done place on a cutting board with foil over it to rest

Now add to the dirty pan with all the nice crusty bits, 1 cup of broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add cream cheese stirring until smooth and thick. Serve over pork, yum!

Slice the roast and serve with sauce, and a few sides, like sauteed spinach, stuffing, green beans,
whatever...

Sorry there are no pics but we were real hungry!

1 comment:

JacksonFamily said...

Sounds yummy Sam. I'm always looking for new recipes!