March 30, 2010

I have been wanting to get a console table, since Jason finished our little remodel project (that I haven't really blogged about yet). So I spent many hours looking online and I fell in love with this one from JC Penny Home Store. Jason however had other plans, he wanted to make me a console table. And it's not that I didn't think Jason would do a good job, I know it's his talent. But I just didn't know if it would turn out like I wanted it. Like the one in the picture. So Jason had his dad come over to help and I looked it up online to print out the picture and of course the table was on sale for half off. But they didn't have the right color and it was made of mdf. Jason was going to do build his with real wood ( I should note that I didn't really care what it was made out of, I just wanted the table : )

So they worked pretty hard on this table and...












I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't get the best picture of it, the stain turned out perfect and it looks like an old piece of furniture. It looks so much better in person. Pretty close to the first picture, don't you think? Now, what to put on it? By the way it such gorgeous wood I can't imagine a cheap table looking this good!


3 comments:

Cammie said...

I have been wanting one of those. Jason did a great job.

Unknown said...

That is so cute. Don't you just love talented husbands. SMILE

No I bet he has a big honey do list after this. SMILE

SO CUTE!!

Casey Lu said...

Your hubby did a beautiful job! The one I have been eyeing to build is almost exactly like that! Way to go and yes, the stain look perfect in your house especially again the flooring!