I was blog hopping a few minutes ago and came across a lady's blog that got to me. She is pregnant and her baby has heart problems. There a lot worse than the problems Cody has, but it really brought back all those emotions for me. I didn't have this blog 2 and a half years ago, so I'll just journal it now.
I went in for a normal check up and glucose test, on DEC 13. After the nurse took my pulse asked me if I took the stairs up to the office. Which I didn't and even if I had, I was in the waiting room for at least 30 mins. So then the DR came in and told me my heart rate was up too and then she listened to the baby's and said his was elevated too. So I was asked to hang out for another 30 mins so they could see if both of our HR's would go down. I think mine was in the 120's and my normal is like high 80's low 90's.
So neither of our HR's changed so they told me to hed across the street to Del Webb to be monitored for a little while and to have an ultra sound and to have an IV in case I was dehydrated. At this time Jason was on light duty, he had hurt his foot and was on crutches : ) So he came over during his lunch hour and sat with me, we did really think anything was going on so he went back to work, luckily when he went back to work they told him to get back to the hospital . Right when he got back the DR was telling me that they were sending me to ST Joes. And that they couldn't figure out why my HR was up, but they thought the baby might have a heart murmur. They wanted me to go by ambulance, but we talked them into letting us drive as long as we didn't stop anywhere on the way.
So we made a few phone calls to parents and a friend to pick up the girls from school for us. Of course at this point I was a wreck. Not knowing what was going on and plus I was starving due to the darn glucose test that morning!
I was in the hospital for 3 days, we missed my brother in laws graduation from ASU which my sister inlaw was in town for, from TX. We did get to visit with them when I got out. During my stay there was tons of EKG's and fetal echos for the baby and echoes for me and blood test and all sorts of wires all over me. It was sooo boring, I'm not a good sitter. I couldn't stand being stuck in bed for 3 days. I know a lot of women are on bed rest for much longer than that, my heart goes out to them, its hard!! I was put on digoxin and told I now had a high risk pregnancy.
So for the remainder of my pregnancy I had to go to a high risk clinic at ST Joes twice a week. The only good thing about this was that I had an ultra sound at every appointment : ) And blood tests : ( In the end Cody had SVT a fast heart rate and his heart valves were possibly smaller than they should have been and a murmur. I also had to see a pediatric cardiologist who sucked to be blunt! So then I had to find a new one and repeat all those tests...
more later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I would have FREAKED!!! He is such a happy energetic boy, you would never know. Let us know at the end of your story if there are any lasting effects, I hope not!
Post a Comment