September 1, 2009

Sinner!

I should start out by saying I debated with myself if I should blog about this, but there's only 3 of you who regularly read this so I'll go ahead. Also I am not a good story teller, there are way to many thoughts going thru my head I can't articulate them very well!



So my mother in law has been trying to get me to go with her to the casino for a while now. Jason's schedule has been all over the place so its been difficult trying to find a day where I don't have to worry about asking someone to watch Cody for me while I go sin with her. So we finally worked it out, and after the girls left for school I was on my way!







Pat (my mother in law) is one of the most generous people I know (In more ways than this!). She spots me money to play with and then splits the winnings, if there are any, with me (not that I go all the time people, don't think that badly of me, just a couple times). And we usually eat a good cheap lunch at the casino! So today we finally found a good machine, we were really having fun & doing well. And then Jason calls me...

And of course he gets called in to work, he's on the SAUteam and they need to serve a warrant (which he usually has a least a days notice of). So I need to call around and beg someone to watch my terrible 2 year old last minute, at the time of day most 2 year olds are quietly napping. So first I call Dondra and she says yes even though Ty is sleeping nicely. But then Jason says "oh I don't have to be there for a few hours just hurry home" So thanks anyway Dondra and I have to pry Pat out of there before we even had a chance to eat. As we are leaving Pat looks back and of course the guy that sat at our machine just won the BIG jackpot! WHAT! That is how people get hooked on Gambling, you don't want to leave just so the next person takes all your money. We didn't leave emptied handed so I can't be too upset : )


This should be me!

OK So of course we're in a hurry to get out of there so I can get home so Jason can leave and what happens? As we're stopped at a stop sign in the parking lot the person in front of us, while trying to avoid a truck from hitting his nice Mercedes, he quickly reverses his car right into Pat's. Not a good time for a car accident. Of course the story would be better if it involved a some damage maybe an ambulance and the police, but it didn't. Just a small dent in Pats car, and half an hour in the heat while the security guards try and recreate the scene.
So anyways what a day, I'm glad it's over, even if we barely missed the big jackpot and the good food!


5 comments:

Flipping Out said...

Oh man that does suck! You could be rich! It just shows it's not meant to be. Sorry it was so crappy though...

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog....I actually am going to play at the casino on my cruise. Love You Guys!

Cammie said...

You sinner! I think we all have our little things. Man Jason owes you guys!

Kristin said...

There are actually 4 people that read your blog! Count me! I hold nothin' against ya for going to the casino...once in a while isn't bad as long as it's just for fun!

Sam said...

Thanks Kristin, now I have 4 readers!! Just so you all know I only really go to hang out with my mother inlaw, because thats what she likes to do!